1.26.2010

Perfectionista Pork Leftovers

Happy Tuesday!

After a productive day, I couldn't wait to get home and see what I could whip up for dinner. We had leftovers (still!) we needed to eat, so this was going to be fun.  Nonna suggested pulled pork with the leftover roast...but I wanted healthy - not just BBQ sauce dumped on it.  So...a little research and this is what I came up with:

Left over pork roast
1 Sam Adams Winter lager (and one Sam Light for me)
3T apple cider vinegar
2T honey
1+T Chili Powder
1T ground cumin
1 diced onion
1+T tomato paste
1+T worcestershire sauce
1/3+C whole grain mustard

Whisk all ingredients save the pork in a dutch oven and bring to a boil.  Add the pork, and simmer on low for desired amount of time, give or take 45 minutes so let the pork really soak up the liquid.

Served it along side a salad and some cornbread (using unsweetened applesauce instead of oil, and drizzled with honey) - dinner was a big hit!

Now here's to hoping that my little girls stay in bed tonight - tomorrow is a road warrior day and mommy needs her sleep!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment