7.17.2010

Holy lettuce, Batman!

OK, I will admit, I am a novice back yard farmer.  I didn't actually start anything from seed this year, and I sure can't claim to have even light green thumbs.  So, honestly, I don't even know if this is normal...

But check out my lettuce!  Its growing vertically!  I think its because I haven't harvested it yet, what do you think?  Its coming down today, baby, and its all salads, all week!


So, left to right is cukes and zucchini, romaine lettuce, green curly, red, and iceberg, and all the way to the right is tomatoes, peppers and eggplant.  I need a crash course in gardening!

My apologies for a lapse in posting...Jason had his shoulder surgery on Monday, and then we hopped in the car to attend funeral services for Pop in NY.  It was fantastic to see everyone together, and to have a chance to celebrate an amazing 93 years of life.  I've been playing the role of pseudo nurse and chauffeur all week, so hopefully I will be back in the swing of things ASAP!




No comments:

Post a Comment