11.26.2010

I'm so very thankful...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Its so easy to get caught up in the blech of every day life...the stresses of work and relationships, keeping up with all that's going on, trying to be everything to all people.  Today is one day where I try to put that all out of my head and focus on what I DO have in my life that is so good.  So amazingly good.  And I am blessed that there is more than plenty for me to be thankful for...

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.  Not necessarily because of a reason, but for a reason.  Often its hard to see the reason right away...sometimes it takes a while.  But for me, today is a day not to think too much about why things happen, but just be thankful for what is.  Not wishing or wanting, but grateful for what we have.

For example...Thanksgiving morning Jason, Shannon and I went for a run.  Now, the motivation for my running isn't really important - whether it was to let off steam or to make room for pie...or both - what really matters is that my husband, sister-in-law and I got to spend some time together, they kept it slow for me, and I was able to run the whole time, even though it was so bitter cold that it hurt my lungs like there was no tomorrow...and I wanted to quit.  But my post-run refreshment made the pain more tolerable...

All day yesterday, I wanted to make a list of things I'm thankful for.  Its cheesy, but lately, I've been in a frame of mind I can't explain...which the control freak in me is not pleased about.  So here is an attempt at the top 10 things I am thankful for...

1. My patient, loving, caring, understanding, extremely handsome husband, and he's also the best dad in the world...

2. Our two beautiful, healthy, smart and funny daughters

3. Murphy, the best dog ever

4. Our family: My parents - without them, life wouldn't be the same, my In-Laws - they are the best that anyone could ask for, our siblings - everyone needs someone to put them in their place and keep their head about them..., our nephew and my soon to be niece.  Unconditional love is an amazing feeling.




5. Our health -  sometimes a rocky go in our family...but its been a pretty good year and I'm very thankful that my family has been supportive of new healthy habits..and willing to try new foods!

6. Reconnecting with family and friends - Some people are meant to be in your life.


7. Caitlin...She cares for our girls like they're her own.

8. My meaningful job - its stressful sometimes, but I love it. Which leads to 8b. My ethic, drive and ambition...I want to work hard and play hard.  It can drive me crazy, but I'm thankful I have it.

9. Our home, food on the table, clothes on our back... which are made possible by #8

10. Real friends.  The ones who don't judge.  The ones who care about you no matter what.  The ones, near and far, that you may not talk with often, but the quality far outweighs the quantity.

11. Love.  It comes in many different forms, and each bit of love teaches us something.  I'm just thankful to have so much of it in my life.

OK, I'm thankful for more than 10 things...forgive me.

This holiday season, I'm thankful for tradition, even the ones that have sugar in them.. and with that - here is a little recap of Thanksgiving Day at the Websters.  I love traditions...







Post-dinner, Pre-dessert time...

Uncle Sean showed Neeny how to make cannolis.  They were soooo good...

Thanksgiving is like Christmas at the Websters.  Dinner concludes with giveaways :)  This year, Webster Peach Jam and ornaments.  YUM!

And one last thing...
I'm thankful for the support in my life...my parents who help us raise our children while we work, my colleagues who understand that together we save lives and that family trumps all, and you, my (I'm hoping faithful) blog followers, that have given me motivation to keep this up.  Thanks for sticking with me as I get this thing rolling!!!

Question: What are you thankful for???

No comments:

Post a Comment