6.13.2010

Wasaaaaaaabi Reunion Weekend

So today, Jason and I are hosting my class' high school reunion lunch at our place.  Prepping for a undetermined amount of people after staying out dancing and imbibing until the wee hours...not so easy.

But, its making me want to eat, so that's good!  In addition to my staple black bean, corn & tomato salad, we're having grass fed sirloin burgers from Springdell Farms, Trader Joes organic, nitrate free hot dogs, trader joes apple chicken sausages, grilled portabella caps, zucchini and eggplant, pasta salad made with brown rice pasta, and my newest dish, inspired by my friend and manicurist extraordinaire, Nikki.  Wasaaaaabi Potato Salad.  Although it needs a better name...

I made a huge batch, but adjust to fit your BBQ needs!

5lbs red potatoes, cubed
1C non-fat plain greek yogurt
1 heaping T (or more if you like the heat) Spectrum Organic Wasabi Mayonnaise
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
3 stalks of celery, diced
sea salt and pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes until cooked, but still firm.
Let cool.
Combine wasabi mayonnaise and greek yogurt
Once potatoes are cool, combine all ingredients until well mixed, just don't mash the potatoes!
Add sea salt (Not too much!!!) and black pepper to taste.



Happy 15th SM class of 1995!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment