1.10.2011

Weekend Eatings...

What kind of wife would I be...
 if I didn't give credit to Jason for his Thursday night dinner last week?  So what if he doesn't read the blog :)  He made brown rice pasta with homemade turkey meatballs.  And it was delicious!

Moving on...

I love Sundays.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Love them.  This weekend we celebrated the Epiphany.  The Befana still comes to our house, and us big kids even get gifts!  After our lamb dinner on Saturday, Sunday was my day to shop and cook!  After 3 hours of grocery shopping with Jason (ok, we took our time!), I got to work!

 First, I tried homemade granola from my new Clean Eating cookbook (thanks Secret Santa, Katy!)  I think this will be a Sunday staple...

Ingredients:
oats
dried cranberries
ground flax
raw pumpkin seeds
raw sunflower seeds
slivered almonds
unsweetened coconut
agave nectar
sea salt

 Then, I moved on to vegetarian chili for dinner.  It was the perfect sunny yet frigid day for it!  And, there was football on!!

In today's chili:
1T EV olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onions, chopped
1 carrot, diced
2T tomato paste
1 can each of black eyed peas, black beans, kidney beans, cannellini beans, & pinto beans, rinsed
2 small cans no salt added diced tomatoes
half of a beer of your choice - I used a winter beer this time (winter and pumpkin are my faves in chili)
2-3C vegetable broth
2-3T chili powder
2-3T adobo seasoning
1T+ cinnamon
1T+ hot cocoa mix

Combine in this order, bring to a boil, then simmer to the desired consistency


 And then, the grand finale...chocolate spiked oatmeal cookies from the Clean Eating cookbook.  I am very VERY excited about cooking with this book!!!


These are sooooo good.  And if they're in the Clean Eating cookbook, they're considered clean, right???

They are made with:
oats
whole grain pastry flour
flaxseed meal
cinnamon
baking powder
sea salt
agave nectar
one egg white
unsalted almond butter
vanilla extract
dark, semi-sweet chocolate chips

Delish...unfortunately, I said I was done eating cookies after the holidays.  Maybe I meant when these are gone...

How do you fight off the cravings???

2 comments:

  1. And the Beppo rating on these recipes???? All looks awesome ESP, those cookies - MBP

    ReplyDelete
  2. MBP - I'll have to ask...Beppo did eat it all (both meals!), so it had to have been above a 3! And, in full disclosure...he had regular fettucini with his turkey balls... and ribs with the chili...

    ReplyDelete