3.14.2010

Favorite Breakfasts

Good morning!

Right now, I am contemplating what to eat for breakfast.  I am going back and forth between my newest staples:  Steel Cut Oatmeal or Veggie Eggs.  In case you are in the same boat - here is how I wake up during the week:

Sweet Wholesome Irish Girl
1/4c Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats
3/4c water
1-2tsp pure Maple Syrup/Honey/Agave Nectar
A dash of cinnamon
Fresh fruit

Boil the water in a small sauce pan and add the oats
Turn down heat to simmer and stir frequently, cooking for about 7 minutes
Stir in 1T of your preferred sweetener - using only as much as you need/want - an cinnamon
Serve with fresh fruit (I love bananas, blueberries or apples)

Veggie Eggs
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1/4c sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/4c fresh basil, torn
1/4c diced tomatoes
1T goat cheese

Heat a small frying pan over medium heat
Mix together first 5 ingredients
Coat pan with cooking spray, or olive oil in a spritz container
Add egg mixture to pan, in either omlette form or scramble it
Cook until almost firm and veggies are warmed through, add goat cheese
Enjoy!

PS - its cold and rainy today - so oatmeal is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment