3.16.2010

Quick Harvest Sauce

Tonight's dinner was a quick prep meal, but left everyone full and my health conscious mind intact!  I literally ran in, showed my mom the clothes I bought us at Sara Campbell today, kissed my girls, took out the ingredients, and started to put it all together.  Mom was my prep chef tonight (thank you!) and she was also left to finish the meal and feed everyone, as I was out to a meeting before I knew it!

Here are the ingredients in my Quick Harvest Sauce - although I didn't harvest any of the ingredients myself, some of the veggies were harvested by Winter Moon Farm in Massachusetts!

Olive oil - about 1T to coat the pan
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 red onion, chopped
3 organic, locally grown carrots (!), chopped
1 28oz can organic crushed tomatoes
1 15oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
One bunch of kale
sea salt and pepper to taste

Brown rice pasta

*Prepare pasta according to directions.

*Heat oil in saute pan over medium high heat.
*Add garlic and onion, saute for 5 minutes.
*Add carrots, cook 5 minutes.
*Add both cans of tomatoes, cover, and reduce heat to medium/medium-low.  Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until carrots are softer - but not too soft!
*Add kale, co0k for 5-7 more minutes.
*Add salt and pepper to taste.

*Combine pasta and sauce, serve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment